Be Your Own Web Hosting Company
WEB HOSTING RESELLER PROGRAMS
WEB HOSTING RESELLER
Our Web Hosting Reseller Programs provide you with a range of products required to run your own web hosting company through the use of the Reseller Control Panel, Web Hosting Manager (WHM). WHM is a powerful application that provides you with the complete management of your customers, plan specifications and payment details while still assisting you to set up and provide a cPanel (Control Panel) to each of your customers.
What to look for?
Cost / Web Hosting Re-seller PlansDetermining how much you can spend on reseller hosting is usually the most tricky part, most of you are probably looking for a pretty cheap reseller hosting plan if you’re just starting out (never ever get a cheap website hosting plan, you’ll have to move those later on when you get a decent reseller account anyway – and no, you won’t, definitely won’t find decent free web hosting to host client).
It depends on a variety of factors from the amount of starting clients, to how much you’re planning to charge/client, and how much space you want to allocate/client. You’ll need to work this out first! It’s handy to set up different plans for different clients, with small ones having 1gb of space, medium ones 3gb, and big clients maybe even 10gb. Luckily bandwidth limitations are usually a smaller issue than space.
Bandwidth / Space LimitationsWhile most hosting companies offer a lot of bandwidth to play with, space is usually the one to look out for, as aside from the # of accounts allowed, this will be the one that will decide how many clients you can put on your reseller hosting plan.
3. Cpanel / WHM HostingWe always make sure reseller hosts have WHM. As you’re probably aware, Cpanel is pretty much the industry standard in control panels. WHM (Web Host Manager) is an account management system that enables you to create & manage individual Cpanel accounts for your clients. You can set up packages, set limitations, view usage stats, bulk upgrade/downgrade accounts, and so much more.
4. Server LocationIf your clients are Australia based, for example, make sure the server is actually in Australia, don’t overthink this (same goes for other target audiences, of course.). If you happen to get a client overseas, you can use CloudFlare to reduce any potential delays.
5. UptimePretty straightforward, if they claim 99.9% uptime, make sure they can back it up. By the year 2020, when the Internet of Things is in full swing and Internet-connected devices and data are as important as electricity, data center uptime is expected to be the top priority.
The biggest cost of downtime is how it affects customer satisfaction. Would you still have your customers’ loyalty after recovering from the unplanned downtime?
6. Customer SupportInevitably, you’ll have issues, so having decent support at your end is a must! You really don’t want to keep clients waiting just because the reseller you chose has no 24/7 support. So look at their options and make sure they have phone support, live chat & 24/7 support. Obviously, if you’re going with the cheapest reseller hosting company you can find, support will be lacking.
7. Number of AccountsA pretty important point to keep in mind, how many clients can you set up? If you add up the numbers, how much space would each client get? Would it be better if the reseller plan allowed for more clients because you can get away with offering less space/client? For example, if the plan allows for 50Gb space, and max 25 accounts, each client gets 2gb. We made sure every web host in our top 3 has a nice balance of allowed space vs the number of accounts.
8. Other Features/Tech SpecsOther points to have a look at are:
RAM (1gb is pretty good, at minimum 500mb), Disk IO (2mb/s is good), Server Speed (SSD? LiteSpeed?), CPU (how many cores), Backups, etc. What’s also handy is the ability to install WordPress, Joomla, etc. with 1-click install scripts, but these should come standard with Cpanel. And if you have a LOT of money, look into a powerful VPS, or an even more powerful dedicated server!